Minnesota Transfer Portal HQ
It is transfer season and the market is once again booming. This page is a compiling list of Minnesota players that have entered the NCAA Transfer Portal. We will include any transfer additions as they occur in the future.
- Burns appeared in three games this past season for the Gophers. He recorded three tackles and one sack against Purdue, the only stats for his career.
- Adim-Madumere did not appear in a game during his three-years at Minnesota.
- With injuries to Mohamed Ibrahim, Trey Potts, and Bryce Williams this past season, Thomas emerged as a consistent option among a young one-two punch at running back alongside Mar'Keise Irving. The Topeka, Kansas native rushed for 824 yards and six touchdowns during the 2021 season. He was named MVP of the Guaranteed Rate Bowl after rushing for 144 yards and two touchdowns.
- Played in 11 games in 2019, connecting on 8-of-11 field goals while scoring 71 points. Played in three games during the 2020 season, making six PAT's and kicking off seven times. Did not see any action in 2021.
- Boyd saw significant playing time as a true freshman, logging 170 snaps on the season while hauling in two catches. (Signed with Texas Tech)
- Mapakaitolo did not appear in a game during his true freshman season.
- Henderson saw action in one game during his time at Minnesota, against Nebraska during the 2020 season. (Signed with Liberty)
- Hillard-McGill redshirted during the 2021 season and did not see any game action.
- Appeared in one game during his Minnesota career, completing a 39-yard pass against Maryland back in 2019.
- Started seven games for Minnesota in 2018, going 3-4. Passed for 1,277 yards with nine touchdowns and seven interceptions. (committed to Illinois State)
- Tallied 21 tackles and one interception during his three seasons at Minnesota.
- Recorded eight tackles in 16 games played. (Signed with Iowa State)
- Played in 10 games during his Minnesota career, recording 10 tackles. (Signed with South Florida)
- Appeared in 19 games during his career at Minnesota.
- Tallied 215 rushing yards and 252 return yards with one touchdown during his time at Minnesota. (Signed with Akron)
- A three-year player at Abilene Christian where he appeared in 27 games. Stapp was a second-team, All-WAC during this past season tallying 44 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, ten pass break-ups, and one interception. Stapp chose the Gophers over other offers from Louisville, Nebraska, Mississippi State, Northwestern, and Washington State. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Appeared in 36 games during his career at Western Kentucky. During the 2021 season, Bishop tallied 43 tackles, 6.5 tackles, for loss and three interceptions in 12 games for the Hilltoppers. He also had 676 kickoff return yards, averaging 24.1 yards per return while earning First-Team, All-Conference USA honors at defensive back and honorable mention as a kick returner.
- During his three years at Vanderbilt, Surgers played in 18 games recording 19 tackles, one sack, 1.5 tackles for loss, one sack, and one pass defended. Last season was his most productive, appearing in all 12 games for the Commodores while tallying 17 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, and a sack.
- The former Edina (Minn.) offensive tackle is coming home to play for the Gophers after spending the last three seasons at Notre Dame. Carroll didn't play his freshman season due to an ACL injury, played three games his sophomore season, and participated in all 13 games for the Fighting Irish this past season mostly on special teams.
- The Georgia native played four years for the Tigers, appearing in 29 games and recording 15 tackles and one tackle for loss.
- The Harvard defensive tackle transfer earned First-Team, All-Ivy League honors during the 2021 season posting 40 tackles, five tackles for loss, and 3.5 sacks. He will be a summer enrollee and have one year of eligibility remaining for the Gophers.